Hello, friends! The Moon and You is delighted to launch this fresh new website, thanks to our dear and multitalented friend Ross Montsinger of Holy Ghost Tent Revival.
Our calendar is looking pleasingly plump through the end of 2017 and beyond, with tours to the Western US, Europe and South Florida among other exciting places! Visit themoonandyou.com/tour to see when we’re coming to a venue near you.
What’s Next for TM&Y?
While we’re traveling around playing songs, we are working towards some bigger goals - as a band, and as citizens of the world. Here’s what we’re working on for our band:
* Playing more house concerts, with great success thus far! Thank you to everyone who has reached out to schedule a house show. We love the brilliant, homemade magic of playing in your living rooms and backyards.
* We are seeking funding/booking opportunities to bring our album Endless Maria to life in venues worldwide! It’s our goal to find the means to hire violinists and cellists in various cities to play the album’s string quartet orchestration live, as we did for the album release show in March 2017. What an amazing tour that would be!
* For a while now, we’ve dreamt of creating a monthly variety show in Asheville, incorporating all sorts of different performances and lots of oddball fun. Let us know if you’d like to be part of bringing this dream to life.
On a larger scale: we care deeply about inequality and oppression. We are always looking for ways to be part of the solution, in our home community and in the world at large. We don’t pretend to have any answers. But we are currently working in the following directions, and appreciate any ideas you may have for more ways to make ourselves useful:
* educating ourselves and our loved ones
* participating in the resistance
* community building, locally and globally
* creative collaboration across borders (check out the Asheville Plays Well With Others video project! [link])
On a similar note, Melissa heads a project through Arts for Life called The Heartbeat Sessions, linking the amazing Asheville music community to pediatric patients and their families. Click the link to learn more, and hear some of the music we've made in collaboration with these inspiring young patients and families.
Album in the works: Asteroids
Finally, we’re in the midst of recording our third full-length album, Asteroids! Way back in November 2016 we laid down the rhythm tracks for most of the album, in collaboration with several musicians who were part of making A White Light That Sings, and some other talented friends as well. We’ll post updates as the recording process continues! We love to give you a sneak peek into what goes on in the recording studio.
That’s all for now, folks! Keep an eye on our Facebook page, Instagram and here on the website to keep up with our adventures. Thank you so much for being there for us as a band, and as humans. We wouldn’t be able to live this crazy dream without you.